Building Harmony Through Understanding and Respecting Diverse Faiths and Beliefs – Aboriginal/Christianity, Interfaith,
Islam & Hinduism
Gippsland Ethnic Communities’ Council (GECC)
Inaugural Multifaith-Interfaith Forum
- This forum promoted understanding of different faiths and the exploration of shared values.
- This forum provided an opportunity for friendly exchange and dialogue on faith and its role in culture.
- This forum brought different faiths and community groups together in harmony.
- There was not an attempt to convert anyone to a particular religion or belief or to promote a particular faith.
- No personal belief or practice was disparaged or misrepresented.
|9.00–9.30am||Registration – COFFEE & TEA is available throughout the day|
|9.30–9.45am||Welcome to Country (Gunnai/Kurnai respected person of community) Introduction to Speakers and Programme|
|10.45–11.10am||Small group discussion|
|1.15–2.00pm||LUNCH and entertainment|
|2.00–2.30pm||Panel Session and Small group discussion|
|2.30–2.45pm||Recapitulation of the day’s events|
|2.45pm onwards||Free informal guided tour of Immigration Park and the Gippsland Immigration Wall of Recognition (near the Waratah Restaurant)|
This forum was the first in a series of GECC events and activities relating to Multifaith-Interfaith initiative which is supported by the Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC) and Parliament of World Religions (PWR). Please refer to our GECC website for updates and future activities, www.gippslandethniccommunitiescouncil.websyte.com.au.