Looking for a new CEO for the CPWR
The Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions (CPWR) has launched a search for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the organization through transformational change in order to advance the interreligious movement on a global scale.
The mission of CPWR is to cultivate harmony among the world’s religious and spiritual communities and foster their engagement with the world and its guiding institutions in order to achieve a just, peaceful and sustainable world. In fulfillment of this mission the Council convenes a Parliament event every five years attracting up to 10,000 participants from all the major religions and from as many as 70 Countries. A variety of other programs have grown out of the Parliament events including a Partner Cities Program and a Social Cohesion project.
Within this mission framework, the CEO will manage the organizational affairs of the Council implementing the policies of the Board of Trustees. He/she will supervise all the departments of the organization with special emphasis on financial management, fundraising and institutional vision.
CPWR is based in Chicago and operates with a small but flexible staff on an annual budget of approximately $500,000, with significant increases in years in which a Parliament is scheduled.
The Parliament of the World’s Religions began in 1893. Today it convenes the largest interreligious gatherings in the world. The most recent Parliament events have been held in Chicago, USA(1993), Cape Town, South Africa(1999), Barcelona(2004) and Melbourne, Australia(2009). For more information see www.parliamentofreligions.org
Qualifications for the position include: successful management experience in a business or not-for-profit setting, familiarity with principles of organizational development, demonstrated financial/fundraising skills and experience or interest in serving the interreligious movement.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
|Contact Person:||David Erickson-Pearson||Phone:||303-703-6165|
The Mission of the Parliament
The Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions was created to cultivate harmony among the world’s religious and spiritual communities and foster their engagement with the world and its guiding institutions in order to achieve a just, peaceful and sustainable world.
To accomplish this, we invite individuals and communities who are equally invested in attaining this goal.
The vision of the Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions is of a just, peaceful and sustainable world in which:
- Religious and spiritual communities live in harmony and contribute to a better world from their riches of wisdom and compassion
- Religious and cultural fears and hatreds are replaced with understanding and respect
- People everywhere come to know and care for their neighbors
- The richness of human and religious diversity is woven into the fabric of communal, civil, societal and global life
- The world’s most powerful and influential institutions move beyond narrow self-interest to realize common good
- The Earth and all life are cherished, protected, healed and restored
- All people commit to living out their highest values and aspirations.